Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sick puppies - all the same

Sometimes you find songs that you really connect with lyrically, you share a sense of empathy with aspects of the song, i find that happening alot with this song. It's by an aussie rock band called "sick puppies" the hadn't done anything for ages but with their new album coming up hopefully we should hear lots of them. The video for this song is awesome 2... free hugs, woot! who doesn't love a good hug. However what really draws my attention is the fact that this has so many christian undertones and yet i'm pretty sure they are not a christian band judging from some of the other lyrical content in their other songs. Now not wanting to take away from their original meaning, but if you read the song from the perspective of it being God speaking to humanity, the song takes on a new light. It reminds me of a God that is interested in the idividual and the sinner rather than the sin, who wants us to be real with him, who understands that we will rebel against us and yet promises us to hold his arms open to us when we go to him. It reminds me that God is intersted primarily in a relationship and just wants us to have one with him, and he understands the transformation to becoming godly will not happen overnight but as that relationship grows. Enjoy the song :)

All the same

I don't mind where you come from
As long as you come to me
I don't like illusions
I can't see Them clearly

I don't care no I wouldn't dare
To fix the twist in you
You've shown me eventually
What you'll do

I don't mind... I don't care...
As long are you're here
Go ahead tell me you'll leave again
You'll just come back running
Holding your scarred heart in hand
It's all the same

And I'll take you for who you are
If you take me for everything
Do it all over again
It's all the same

Hours slide and days go by
Till you decide to come
And in between it always seems too long
All of a sudden

And I have the skill, yeah I have the will
To breathe you in while I can
However long you stay Is all that I am

I don't mind... I don't care...
As long are you're here
Go ahead tell me you'll leave again
You'll just come back running Holding your scarred heart in hand

7 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-) I like. Thanks, Doug.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Eh? said...

Ah the Free Hugs Campaign. It's part of my 'favourite' vids on my account actually. The amount of hits that vid has...it's just CRAZY.

But props for posting it :)

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Eh? said...

Forgot to add: One of the bible study people wore a "Free Hugs" shirt. That's how big it's been...

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Ascasewwen said...

lol One of my friends at church has a shirt that says 'have you hugged my shirt today?' except he forgets it says that and gets confused when he gets random people wanting to hug him.

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He he he!! I'd never heard of it, but it seems pretty great to me!

Goodness, it's raining and blowing a gale outside, but a few minutes ago it was sunny. What an odd world we live in. I love it.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Eh? said...

Ah Ems that's what happens when you don't go into the city *nods*.

I haven't seen him around recently though...then again I haven't been to the city in a few months now...

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. Yes, that's right, you miss things. I do by not watching TV either. Meh! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home